Thank you for your interest in writing on the KoMarketing B2B Online Marketing blog. Please find below background, best practices, and recommended guidelines for the process. We look forward to working with you but should you have any questions, please email us at editors [at] komarketingassociates [dot] com.
Our blog targets B2B marketing professionals interested in improving their performance and learning more about search engine optimization, search engine advertising, social media marketing, and content marketing. We focus on B2B marketers in the following industry verticals: technology, software, industrial, manufacturing, and business services. These marketers typically work for medium to large businesses and organizations that sell to comparable or larger organizations but potentially include start-ups and enterprise-level marketing professionals.
Areas of Focus
We strive to provide content that covers the following concepts and focus types specific to the B2B marketing space:
- How To Posts – detailed outlines on how to do a particular tactic or implement a specific action.
- Best Practices Posts – tactical recommendations based on experience, examples, and reference.
- Lists / Collections – top resources, individuals (social media), references, etc (need to be aware of competitive issues and / or client conflicts)
- Industry-Specific Challenges – how SEO, PPC, social media, and content marketing solve tactical, industry-specific challenges and issues
- Vendor Reviews – unbiased reviews outlining functionality, pros and cons, opportunities, and market analysis.
Writing Guidelines and Suggestions
The following are a list of guidelines and suggestions we would like to communicate to potential KoMarketing bloggers:
- Headlines – create strong headlines that are 70 characters or less when possible
- Word Count – strive to write at least 600 words but we prefer posts between 1,000 – 1,500 words if possible
- Images – use at least one image (high quality if possible). We prefer larger images (500 pixels in width or greater) that can be scaled down as needed / appropriate
- Tagging – please send a 160 character description / summary statement that we can use for sharing and social media distribution in places like Facebook and Google+
- Bio – please send a 1 – 2 sentence bio with headshot and links to applicable social profiles. Headshots should be no less than 150 pixels by 150 pixels in size. Writers with more than one article or that become regular contributors will be featured in our authors section as well.
- Distribution – we ask that writers help share their work in applicable social media platforms. We request that if writers choose to syndicate their work afterwards to provide proper attribution.
Scheduling and Review
For guest posts, we typically review, provide feedback, and then will notify you once your post has been integrated into our schedule; usually a 1 – 3 week time period unless there is a time sensitivity factor or we’ve confirmed a publish date and schedule ahead of time.
For writers with an ongoing schedule, we have organized the following review timeframe:
- Editorial calendars are created on no less than a quarterly basis, at least a month before the time period begins.
- Due dates are in turn placed in our project management software for authorized writers.
- We adhere to the following review schedule:
- Two Weeks Before Deadline: Topic recommendation required. For most writers, this includes topic, suggested headline, and basic background.
- One Week Before Deadline: Draft post for review by our editorial team. Please send to editors [at] komarketingassociates [dot] com.
Thank you for your time and interest! If you would like to submit a post or article idea, or have any questions, please contact us at editors [at] komarketingassociates [dot] com.