As I sat reflecting on the ideas and discussions had at the Inbound Marketing Summit, I grappled with finding an appropriate voice for providing review. I concluded that it might be best to look to Twitter for perspective from some of the talented individuals who joined me in experiencing #IMS09 last week.
What I found was an impressive collection of quotes, ideas and links from those in attendance and presenting at IMS09. Hopefully, you’ll agree 🙂
So without further ado…
Inbound Marketing Summit Boston – Day One
- Ground Rule #1: There are NO social media experts #ims09 @gameplanhayden
- I agree with @gameplanhayden “Silos Suck!” #ims09
- Content is king, but marketing is queen & she runs the house – @garyvee at #IMS09
- How to beat the competition: Outcare them. – @garyvee at #IMS09
- Gary Vee #ims09. “It’s insane to me that companies won’t talk to the people who are talking about them.” (via @DowntownWoman)
- RT @aaronstrout: Thoughtful response by @bhalligan to pushback he got at #IMS09 on “PR is dead” slide. http://bit.ly/QIUcD
- here are my slides from #ims09 http://bit.ly/2JdBRz
- New blog post with highlights from my PR 2.0 panel at #IMS09 … http://bit.ly/Rws7A
- RT @billlublin: RT @InnovateMarCom: You are who you are. Put it all out there. ~CC Chapman #ims09
- My #buckets slides from #ims09 are now up as part of the latest episode of Managing The Gray – http://bit.ly/IzfR7
- …”If there are a bunch of kids in a playground, and there are no toys there, they’re going to leave” ~@cc_chapman #ims09
- “The opposite of marketing fluff is not hard data, it’s clarity & decision.” @conversationage #IMS09
- Inbound Marketing Summit – my presentation http://ow.ly/tlhG #ims09
- Kodak in the process of hiring a “chief listener” reports the “chief blogger”. WOW #IMS09 @kodakcb
- critical to have a calendar that for content creation. Kodak coordinates with PR & Mrktg
- Kodak “comped” their blog to get approval by execs. Helped alleviate blog fear. Good idea for those that need C-level approval. #IMS09
- Social Media Tips (pdf on the right) from @kodakCB is located here: http://www.kodak.com/US/followus #IMS09
- A good conversationalist listens more than they talk. #ims09 (grow bigger ears panel)
- Spectacle, Story and Emotion can Make Your Video Go Viral – Recap of Tim Street presentation. #ims09 http://bit.ly/2L3M2o
- Inbound Marketing Summit – Day One Recap http://bit.ly/3CrbXt #IMS09.
- New blog post: Inbound Marketing, Outbound Marketing, and Spam: #IMS09 day one http://bit.ly/l63yi
- If you missed it yesterday, here’s my mini recap of the conference/summit – http://jeffcutler.com/jeff – most recent post is an #IMS09 eval.
- A quick recap of some of @KodakCB’s 20 min talk at #ims09 http://bit.ly/1vGHMS
Inbound Marketing Summit Boston – Day Two
Source: Flickr photo by decli
- Really enjoying the opening presentation by @tmarklein, setting the bar high right away #IMS09
- Here are @tmarklein’s #ims09 slides from @slideshare http://bit.ly/17r2r6 enjoy
- #IMS09 @JasonFalls points out that most corporate websites are still brochures, not dynamic. People want to be engaged with good content.
- if you’re not taking care of your home on the internet, what the hell are you doing anyway? @jasonfalls #ims09
- For those interested, my slides from #ims09 this morning – http://bit.ly/13egBS
- Kaspersky uses “threatpost” blog as front-line engagement, followed by Kaspersky web site, then marketing materials #ims09
- Always say thank you when someone praises your brand online. @davidalston #ims09
- Humana Social Fundamentals – authenticity, active listening, going where they are, personal voice, learning through action, sharing #IMS09
- Tweet Positioning System // Another Humana Innovation http://bit.ly/4hixlL #ims09
- “It’s not the newspapers dying, our readers are” – Great, poignant quote from @pgillin here at #ims09
- #ims09 Taxonomy is how you define yourself. Folksonomy is how others define you. (via @pgillin)
- Steve Garfield is having a video flash mob at #IMS09 @stevegarfield
- My video from the second row of Steve Garfield’s video gathering: http://blip.tv/file/2699216 #IMS09
- @newmediajim Jim, it was so nice to meet you today. Your #IMS09 presentation went a long way in demonstrating the value of brand ambassadors
- Blogs/Social Media interactions can change the internal debate — great insight! Paula Berg from Southwest Airlines #ims09
- great panel at #IMS09 – “End the Social Media Hype.” @pgillin – transparency isn’t about disclosing your trade secrets, it’s about honesty.
- Introducing the Social Compass http://bit.ly/46AW0D #ims09
- Build your database of interesting, powerful people. Carry it with you. @chrisbrogan at #ims09
- The purpose of a business is to create a customer who creates customers – Shiv Singh #ims09
- Examples of companies doing social media well: @comcastcares @garyvee (winelibrary) @BreakingPoint and @ducttape #ims09
- wow, @cspenn is rockin’ the stage at #ims09 – incredible energy, enthusiasm, and a loud voice! #rock!
- Loving @cspenn preso — I don’t know what it is. The content is great, the enthusiasm is great. But his voice is like comfort food. #ims09
- RT @vanhoosear: Here’s the link to @cspenn’s #ims09 excellent preso on ROI 101: http://bit.ly/23x8Tt
- A special #FF to @miriamkutcher for her great presentation at #ims09 on community launch at IDC – http://bit.ly/MFie8
- From @NoOneYouKnow , my audio from #IMS09 http://bit.ly/BroganIMS09 (phone quality, sorry)
- Boy, I’m really impressed with @chrisbrogan and his raw ability to catalyze, inspire and motivate. Humbling. Thanks #ims09.
- Recap and highlights of Inbound Marketing Summit Boston Day 2: http://bit.ly/3mNL4K: #ims09
- Good stuff here – RT @amanda_pants: #IMS09 recap of day two – This is Not Important http://bit.ly/nBna9
Additional #IMS09 Updates via Twitter
- 1 Question 1 Minute vids from #ims09 – tx to: @chrisbrogan @justinlevy @cspenn @jasonfalls @cc_chapman @briansolis http://bit.ly/35djd0
- #ims09 panels: End of Social Media Hype http://bit.ly/LhzZB | Listening & Monitoring http://bit.ly/7r9Vl | PR 2.0 http://bit.ly/iSs6N
- @derekedmond I finished mine this morning. Nothing has changed…it’s still all about the relationship. #ims09 http://bit.ly/1AHqWM
- @derekedmond Everything I’ve found so far for #ims09 is here – http://delicious.com/justin…
Additional Blog Posts
- Inbound Marketing Summit 2009 – Day One
- Steve Garfield’s Video Experiment at IMS09
- 12 Things I Learned at the Inbound Marketing Summit
- Nuggets From the Inbound Marketing Summit
- Inbound Marketing Summit 2009 Video Roundup
- Inbound Marketing Summit Live, hosted by Awareness, Inc.
Thanks very much to Chris Brogan, Justin Levy, the team at New Marketing Labs, and all of the people I was able to meet and/or reconnect with (both online and offline) at the event. It was a fantastic experience and I only wish I had more time to spend with those in attendance while we were there.
Did I miss something important? I’d love to hear your thoughts and suggestions via the comments below or send me a message anytime on Twitter @derekedmond.