KoMarketing Year In Review: Top Posts & Milestones from 2017
What a year 2017 has been. We’ve seen our organization nearly double in size, our client programs become more complex, and the KoMarketing team rise to challenges when faced with continued changes in search, social media, and broader online marketing initiatives.
KoMarketing’s Top 10 Posts of 2017
It has been an incredible team effort in generating over 200 content marketing assets throughout 2017.
KoMarketing blog posts and news articles helped generate over 40 sales inquiries directly attributed to our website, over 1,200 inbound links, and thousands of social media shares.
Here is a look back at our 10 most popular posts specifically written in 2017:
- The B2B Marketer’s Essential Guide to WeChat Official Accounts
- Baidu PPC Versus Google AdWords: 8 Key Differences
- 7 Essential Steps In Developing a B2B Social Media Strategy
- 20+ Benchmarks for Measuring B2B SEO Performance
- 15 Audiences You Should Be Targeting with B2B Facebook Ads
- 30 SEO Best Practices for B2B Organizations in 2017
- 8 Steps to Open a Baidu PPC Account
- 4 Actionable Insights from Google Search Console Search Analytics Reports
- 14 Visualizations Mapping the B2B Buyer Journey
- Five Crucial Tips for a Successful Boost Post on Facebook
You will notice that three of our most impactful blog posts focused on the Chinese market. It is exciting to see the headway we have made in this strategic business initiative, demonstrating the significant global expertise KoMarketing has established and will continue to develop.
Key KoMarketing Milestones
While the KoMarketing blog and industry news are key components of our online marketing program, they are not the only components. Here are a few additional tactics and performance milestones that contributed to our success this past year as well.
- Collaborative Research with Ascend2 – This past year our organizations collaborated on two research reports: The State of Lead Generation for the Complex Sale and Account Based Marketing for B2B Marketers. These reports helped improve visibility in the B2B digital marketing community and nurture leads for the organization.
- New Success Stories – There have been times when prospects would review agency capabilities but question success when more recent case studies could not be publicly discovered. This past year we decided to change that and released two new case studies on SEO-centric content marketing. Moving forward the plan is to continue these efforts, further validating our organization in the eyes of the B2B buyer.
- SSL Transition – At the beginning of 2017 we transitioned the website to SSL. While I am encouraged by where the site is today in terms of performance, our migration was not without hiccups. That said, what we learned from the experience improved our ability to support client programs, which has been invaluable in and of itself. If your organization is tackling a similar endeavor, I recommend taking a look at Aleyda Solis’ Checklist for HTTP to HTTPs Migrations to help guide you through the process.
Notable Third-Party Contributions & Mentions
On-site content marketing was not the only factor contributing to the success of our online marketing program. Contributed content and mentions on third-party sites have a tremendous impact as well.
Not only did these initiatives generate SEO-friendly links, but they improved organizational and individual brand awareness as well. Here are our 10 important examples, based on social media share popularity this past year.
- What Advanced SEOs Need to Know About Algorithm Updates via Search Engine Land
- How to Repurpose Your Content Like a Champion via Search Engine Journal
- When SEO Isn’t Your SEO Problem via Search Engine Land
- Keyword SWOT Analysis: Finding Your Content Opportunities via Search Engine Land
- How to Increase the Revenue Value of Your Homepage by 851% via Quicksprout
- The Flexibility Requirement for SEO Agencies via Search Engine Land
- 3 Steps to Overcoming Site Issues that Impact Performance via Search Engine Land
- Three Ways B2B Manufacturers Can Capitalize on ‘Made in the USA’ Searches via Search Engine Land
- Want to Conquer ‘Email Fatigue’? Figure out Your Customers’ Viewing Behavior via Entrepreneur
- How to Blast Away the Top 15 Conversion Roadblocks on Your Website via Quicksprout
Thanks goes out to all of the publications and authors that mentioned KoMarketing throughout the year, as well as Casie Gillette for her contributions on Search Engine Land in particular.
In the end, our online marketing efforts would not be successful if it were not for the thousands of online users that read, share, and reference our content every week.
On behalf of the team at KoMarketing, THANK YOU for being a part of our success this past year.
Exciting initiatives are still in the works and we’re looking forward to an even more prosperous 2018. Always feel free to reach out through Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram with your comments and suggestions as well.
We wish you the very best in the new year and beyond!