KoMarketing Year in Review: Our Top Posts from 2014
As we approach the end of 2014, we have a lot to be thankful for here at KoMarketing. 2014 was our tenth consecutive year of impressive growth and we are fortunate to be able to share more client success stories and witness the continued professional development and accomplishments of our team members.
A Few Key Highlights:
- In coordination with Dianna Huff, we launched our inaugural B2B Web Usability Report, exceeding 2,000 downloads and mentions in more than a dozen notable marketing publications.
- This past spring we launched a redesigned website: mobile-friendly and with a much clearer message articulating our organization’s objectives and values. Kudus to Catalyst B2B and Cre8d Design in helping achieve this important milestone.
- Most importantly, we welcomed new members to the KoMarketing team and saw several long-term team members step up greatly throughout the year. Even though we saw a few colleagues pursue opportunities outside KoMarketing (and we certainly wish them well), I’m very excited about our future and the team we have in place to start 2015.
Top 12 KoMarketing Blog Posts of 2014
The KoMarketing blog is a key component of our online marketing strategy and one of the ways we share and present new ideas and perspective to clients and target audiences. In 2014, I’m happy to say that we soundly hit aggressive goals for site growth and development set forth to begin the year, and our blog was one of the main reasons for hitting this milestone.
Here is a look at twelve of our most successful posts as well as a select group of our most successful third party contributions from past year.
- 6 B2B Marketing Lessons From #Inbound14 and #FutureM – Kristen Vaughn outlines some of the valuable B2B marketing lessons learned and inspiration gained from Inbound 2014 and FutureM speakers.
- The 2015 B2B Content Marketing Report Brings New Insight on Strategy, Implementation – Kelsey Jones coverage the 2015 B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends released by the Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs
- Who Is Your B2B Customer & How Do They Find You? – Abe Bellini provides a list of online marketing ideas B2B organizations can use to identify and reach their target audiences.
- Announcing The Inaugural B2B Web Usability Report – Our official blog post announcing the inaugural B2B Web Usability Report, uncovering what B2B buyers want to see in vendor websites.
- 20+ Metrics for Measuring B2B SEO Performance – A list of 20 performance metrics we recommend that B2B marketing managers use to establish goals and achieve success with their search engine optimization programs.
- LinkedIn Just Created A Better Opportunity for B2B Marketers to Target Audiences – This post provides an overview for B2B marketers transitioning content from LinkedIn Products and Services to LinkedIn Showcase Pages, as well as a best practices in LinkedIn Showcase Page development.
- 14 B2B Blogging Best Practices from Creation to Promotion – Ryan Young covers some of our own blogging guidelines, optimization tactics, and learned best practices B2B marketers should consider following, from idea creation all the way through to promotion.
- 8 ValueTrack Parameters For Better AdWords Campaign Data – Joe Vivolo offers a list of important ValueTrack parameters that all B2B advertisers should consider using in their PPC campaigns, and why they are important.
- 6 Stats B2B Marketers Must Pay Attention To in 2014 – Originally kicking off 2014, Casie Gillette shares six statistics B2B marketers must pay attention to, from mobile marketing to content curation and revenue data.
- Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile With These 10 Key Elements – My post outlining ten key elements that every LinkedIn member should consider, whether you’re using LinkedIn for B2B link building, professional networking, or looking for your next job opportunity.
- 10 B2B Marketing Infographics Outlining Strategies & Tactics for the New Year – 10 B2B marketing infographics, detailing how our role as B2B marketers is evolving, including everything from the B2B buying journey through content marketing initiatives and strategic B2B marketing initiatives in 2014 and beyond.
- 12 Examples of B2B Companies Managing Impactful Twitter Profiles – Finally, Ryan Young’s post showcasing examples of B2B company Twitter profiles was our best performing post of 2014. In it, Ryan identifies twelve B2B companies effectively managing their Twitter profiles, taking a deeper dive into the effective tactics they’re using to drive engagement. Congratulations Ryan!
Key Third Party Contributions
- 6 Ways to Measure B2B Content Marketing Performance – The Content Marketing Institute
- Competitive Research for SEO – SMX East 2014
- How Much Content Do You Need For B2B SEO Success? – Search Engine Land
- SEO Must Be About More Than Your Website – Search Engine Land
On behalf of the team at KoMarketing, Thank You for being a part of our success this past year, seasons greetings, and we wish you the very best in 2015 and beyond!
Author Note: Portions of this article originally appeared in our company newsletter, which we publish quarterly. Subscribe to our newsletter to get access to more specific information like this, as well as company updates, announcements, etc.