KoMarketing Year in Review: Top Posts from 2015
2015 has been another amazing year for KoMarketing. We have had a lot to be thankful for, having experienced tremendous success in both client programs and the development of individual team members.
Three years ago our leadership team made it a point to treat our online marketing experience as a priority in organizational strategy and business development.
I am proud to say that traffic to our website has more than quadrupled since that priority was established, and we are crushing aggressive goals for traffic, leads, and brand development, again in 2015.
It is a testament to the hard work team members have put into the process in building engaging content and online communication throughout this past year.
TOP 10 KOMARKETING BLOG POSTS OF 2015
While I am happy to see many of the posts written throughout the years continue to well, here is a look back at our ten most popular posts specifically written in 2015.
- 5 Surefire Ways to Drive B2B Brand Awareness via Content Marketing by Ryan Young. Outside of regular content and social updates, Ryan Young outlines five tactics in content marketing development that can help improve brand awareness in B2B marketing initiatives online.
- 50+ Statistics Designed to Influence B2B Marketing Budgets in the New Year by Derek Edmond. Released earlier this month, the objective for this post was simply to help marketers find the right benchmarks and statistics designed to support and guide B2B marketing budget projections in the coming year.
- 10 Marketing Trends That Should Influence Your Content Strategy by Ryan Young. Ryan’s second post on this list includes ten marketing trends from 2015 that content marketers should consider, in order to remain relevant in the ever evolving and competitive online marketing space.
- 40+ B2B Marketing Statistics and Benchmarks to Inspire Performance Throughout 2015 by Derek Edmond. Well researched lists almost always do well. More importantly, B2B marketers are always on the hunt for information designed to support ongoing tactics and initiatives.
- Google AdWords for B2B Organizations: 8 Questions Leadership Should Ask by Joseph Vivolo. Joe Vivolo’s post from earlier this year outlines key questions organizational leaders should ask, when looking for a more holistic view of advertising spend and budget objectives.
- 5 Essential Tips to Consider before Boosting a Facebook Post by Mike Pickowicz. Search Marketing Strategist Mike Pickowicz’s post provides five tips B2B marketers should consider in order to maximize the effectiveness of boost posts in Facebook advertising campaigns.
- What Were The Most Effective B2B Marketing Tactics of 2015? by Krystle Vermes. Krystle Vermes interviewed ten B2B marketing thought leaders on what they believed their most effective B2B marketing tactics were over the past year.
- 6 Great B2B Business, Marketing, and Strategy Books by Kelsey Jones. Kelsey Jones’ post details some of the great business, marketing, and strategy books that can be extremely useful for those in the B2B industry.
- 12 Noteworthy Examples of B2B Companies on Instagram by Kristen Vaughn. Kristen Vaughn explains how Instagram can be a key social media platform for B2B companies to start and/or strengthen their brand storytelling, through 12 noteworthy examples.
- 10 Examples of Highly Impactful LinkedIn Profiles by Derek Edmond. Our top post from 2015, in terms of traffic, social shares, and links acquired. In this post, we detailed several key LinkedIn profile elements that help convey trust, through exemplary LinkedIn user profiles found online.
Key Online Marketing Milestones
While our blog is a key component of our online marketing program, it’s not the only component. Here are a few additional tactics and performance milestones that contributed to our success this past year as well.
- The 2015 B2B Web Usability Report – This past April we launched our second iteration of the B2B Web Usability Report, asking buyers how they evaluate vendor websites and what content is critical to the buying process. This years version was even more successful than our first, with over 1,100 downloads and 200 references across organizational publications online.
- Industry News & SEO Performance – Our news section has become a critical component in organic link acquisition, social media visibility, and content marketing productivity. In fact, this year we’ve seen our news coverage acquire references from some of the top business and marketing publications online.
- Third Party Outreach & Participation – Its become just as important for our organization to develop content marketing assets beyond the confines of our website. Our team has stepped up to the challenge with conference participation, podcasts, online training courses, and marketing interviews in dozens of third party publications.
Notable Third Party Contributions
As alluded to above, it’s not just our content on site which helps bring success for online marketing endeavors; its our contributions in third party publications as well. Not only will these initiatives frequently generate SEO-friendly links for the website, but they build organizational and individual brand awareness as well.
- The Psychology of Trust in Marketing: How to Earn It and How to Keep It – Salesforce
- How to Bring Trust and Credibility to Your Website – Content Marketing Institute
- Free Baidu Tools That Can Help You Understand Your Chinese Target Audience – China Briefing
- What To Do When Content Marketing Fails To Improve SEO Performance – Search Engine Land
- How Competitive Analysis Leads To A Better B2B SEO Program – Search Engine Land
- Six SEO Rules for 2016 – The American Marketing Association
We wouldn’t be in such a great position as we look towards the future, if it were not for the thousands of readers reaching our posts and articles every week. On behalf of the team at KoMarketing, Thank You for being a part of our success this past year and we wish you the very best in 2016 and beyond!