Thank you for your interest in writing for the KoMarketing B2B Industry News section. Please find below background, best practices, and recommended guidelines for the process. We look forward to working with you but should you have any questions, please email us at editors [at] komarketingassociates [dot] com.
Our industry news section targets B2B marketing professionals interested in keeping pace with trends and information in B2B online marketing, search engine marketing, social media marketing, and content marketing. We focus on B2B marketers in the following industry verticals: technology, software, industrial, manufacturing, and business services. These marketers typically work for small to medium sized businesses and organizations that sell to comparable or larger organizations but also include start-ups and enterprise-level marketing professionals.
Areas of Focus
We strive to provide content that covers the following concepts and focus types specific to the B2B marketing space:
- Research and Reports – covering key analysis found in industry reports, surveys, and benchmark data.
- Trends and Analysis – assuming this information is based on research and subjective variables are minimized or acknowledged.
- Platform and Vendor Announcements – assuming there is a specific angle / differentiator relevant to B2B marketing goals and objectives.
Writing Guidelines and Suggestions
The following are a list of guidelines and suggestions we would like to communicate to potential KoMarketing news writers:
- Headlines – create strong headlines that are 70 characters or less when possible
- Headline / Writing Tone & Style:
- The Lead – Use a strong, unbiased lead
- Word Count – strive to write at least 250 words and we prefer articles between 300 – 400 words if possible
- Images – use at least one image (high quality if possible) to lead article. We prefer larger images (500 pixels in width or greater) that can be scaled down as needed / appropriate.
- Image References – please cite image sources if using a third party reference.
- NOTE: KoMarketing has a subscription with iStockPhoto.com that we can use for image references. If you would please incorporate the URL of the image in your draft, it would be appreciated.
- Practice the ABC’s of news writing – “accuracy”, “brevity”, “clarity”; avoid jargon, opinion, and verbosity.
- Reference your information with hyperlinks to applicable source
- Write more so in the manner of the “inverted pyramid”, with key information associated with your headline and lead first, followed by supporting details and references
- Attempt to incorporate a quote from source(s)
- Attempt to incorporate one or two supporting references / linked perspectives, in the second half of article
- Use sources no longer than 30 days out in publication; ideally less than a week and preferably less than 48 hours
- We do not cover, as a primary source, competitive agency or consultant thought leadership unless it is backed by documented empirical research
- Bio – please send a 1 – 2 sentence bio with headshot and links to applicable social profiles. Headshots should be no less than 150 pixels by 150 pixels in size. Writers with more than one article or that become regular contributors will be featured in our authors section as well.
- Distribution – we ask that writers help share their work in applicable social media platforms. We request that if writers choose to syndicate their work afterwards to provide proper attribution.
Scheduling and Review
For industry news articles, we typically review, provide feedback, and then will notify you once your article has been integrated into our schedule. We prefer the following timeframes for news approval:
- Send lead headline and primary reference for review, as well as a short summation of news via email to applicable contact at KoMarketing.
- Once approved, complete draft in WordPress (if applicable) or document format for review; attach applicable media files.
- NOTE: We prefer publishing news articles before 9AM EST
Thank you for your time and interest! If you would like to submit an article idea, or have any questions, please contact us at editors [at] komarketingassociates [dot] com.