Report: Fast-Growing B2B Companies Use Content to Drive Demand

A recent report from Mattermark and Drift found that the majority of fast-growing B2B companies are using content to drive demand and educate target audiences.

“The State of Sales and Marketing at the 50 Fastest-Growing B2B Companies” report discovered that 80 percent of participating companies maintain a blog or online publication. In addition, 44 percent offer downloadable content like ebooks and whitepapers.

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 4.47.59 PM

According to researchers, “Content educates people about your product and your market. Leverage it with the resources you have at your disposal, whether that’s through blogging, webinars, or another type of content that’s uniquely your own.”

Another finding is that the 50 fastest-growing B2B companies leverage content to either lead people toward a product or toward a salesperson on their website. In fact, 62 percent have primary CTAs directing people to their product or service, while the remaining 38 percent direct people to sales.

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 4.48.12 PM

“The takeaway: It doesn’t have to be one way or the other. You can encourage people to discover the value of your product through having them experience it for themselves, and you can provide them with an opportunity to talk to a real person if that’s what they want,” say report authors.

B2B Organizations Strengthening Content Teams

Curata’s “2016 Content Marketing Staffing and Tactics Barometer” revealed that 42 percent of companies (mostly B2B) have an executive responsible for content marketing, and that percentage is expected to climb over 50 percent in 2017.

Overall, 42 percent of respondents intend on increasing their content marketing staff levels in 2016. The report urges content marketers to focus on creating a content strategy, completing a content audit, and focusing content creation on segments to drive success.

“We have a successful online business, and wanted to take the next step. We approached KoMarketing with the notion of leveraging its expertise in building better search rankings. Both in our defined critical areas and across the board, KoMarketing has helped us grow our presence. They were hired to expand our visibility, but took extra steps to provide many useful recommendations for other areas of our online presence that have had positive impacts. Derek and his staff work hard and take extra steps to ensure you succeed. They are an outstanding partner.”

Scott Stone — Scott Stone, Advertising & E-Business Manager, Cisco Eagle

Start a conversation with the KoMarketing team:

Complete our inquiry form now