63% of B2B Marketers Planning to Spend More on Video

According to a new study by video marketing and sales provider Vidyard and marketing research and tool provider Demand Metric, 63% of B2B marketers are planning to spend more on video in the coming year. B2B video marketing isn’t a new concept: 69% of those polled said they have used some form of video in their marketing campaigns, with the remaining 31% saying they are planning on doing so in the new future.

Video Marketing in B2B

B2B video marketing study resultsVideo marketing is a fairly new concept for the B2B industry, as Vidyard reports that many marketers think it is only successful for B2C campaigns. However, they report that Unbounce found that video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80%, no matter the industry.

The impression about video is definitely shifting in B2B, with more marketers finding room for it in their campaigns on a regular basis. After all, the study pointed out that Lee Odden of Toprank reports that almost 60% of all B2B marketers find video to be the most effective marketing tactic.

Case Study Results

The report includes a case study about Taulia, a company that is effective using B2B video marketing. Marketing manager Bhaji Illuminati reports:

“We’ve found it’s easier to get people to press play and watch a minute long video than it is to get them to download a white paper, let alone read that white paper! With a video they get a version of our message in a compact, memorable format we can track.”

And surprisingly, video is great at capturing (and keeping) viewer interest. Another case study done with a video campaign by Dos Equis found that it had an over 80% click-through rate and 79% of viewers watched the video in its entirety.

You can download the B2B Video Marketing Benchmark Report for free (after filling out the contact form) on Vidyard’s website. Original news of the report found via OnlineVideo.net.

Image via Pixabay.

“The team at KoMarketing does a great job providing best practices, new ideas, and management of our PPC program. They went above and beyond to meet our needs. The decision to partner with them was one of the best thing that has ever happened to us”

John Yeung — John Yeung, Digital Marketing Manager, Stratford University

Start a conversation with the KoMarketing team:

Complete our inquiry form now