Mobile Accounting for Growing Percentage of Overall Search Traffic

A recent eMarketer post shows that mobile’s rise  in usage is accounting for a growing percentage of overall search traffic, forcing marketers to potentially turn their efforts towards “mobile-first” priorities.

Research provided by Chitika estimates desktops currently account for 72 percent of overall internet traffic. The remaining 28 percent of traffic is being driven by mobile, with 20 percent coming from smartphones, and an additional 7 percent as a result of tablet usage.

Consumers in the US may spend twice as much time today with desktop media as they do with mobile; however, research from the eMarketer suggests mobile usage could soon become a pillar in this landscape. The amount of time consumers use mobile is growing at 14 times the rate of desktop, suggesting the two could become equal within the next few years.

The shift away from desktop dominance suggests mobile is here to stay and will continue to flourish. “For B2B marketers, adopting a wait-and-see approach will only place you farther behind as your customer’s needs and expectations continue to grow,” claims a ChiefMarketer post. “Now is the time to get in the game. Build mobile strategy into your integrated programs or risk watching from the sideline as your competition uses mobile to win in the marketplace.”

This report shows mobile’s growing importance among consumers, businesses, and marketers alike. Mobile websites and apps are no longer considered special features.

©iStockphoto.com/Atanas Bezov

“The team at KoMarketing was great at listening to our organization’s needs to ensure they were on the same page with goals and objectives. They provided a clear path for getting to desired results, were fast and flexible when adjustments were needed and above all else, provided the highest level of client service. KoMarketing is a pleasure to partner with!”

Melissa Sopwith — Melissa Sopwith, Marketing Manager, Guidon Performance Solutions, a Teletech Company

Start a conversation with the KoMarketing team:

Complete our inquiry form now