What B2B Buyers Want from Vendor Websites
In our inaugural B2B Web Usability survey and report, we learned quite a bit about the B2B buyer and their preferences and behaviors when evaluating vendor websites. This year, we sought to get further clarification and greater depth in some of the key points and also determine if B2B vendors had improved in their website efforts.
In our second annual survey report by Huff Industrial Marketing and KoMarketing, you’ll learn the important and evolving role vendor websites play in the B2B buying process.
We continue to ask buyers how they evaluate vendor websites, what content is critical to the buying process, and how the various types of content marketing assets, including blogging and social media, impact the buyer journey; from discovery to vendor selection.
- While blogs and social media have some impact in the B2B buying cycle, this impact is not as significant as marketers have assumed. Over a third of respondents (34%) indicated they don’t use blogs to aid them in their vendor discovery process; 38% indicated they don’t use social media for the same purpose.
- Buyers need thorough contact information to make informed purchasing decisions. Survey data shows that a lack of thorough contact information will cause buyers to leave a website as well as reduce the vendor’s credibility in the eye of the buyer.
- Despite a tsunami of information regarding what comprises an effective B2B content marketing strategy, a huge disconnect still exists between the content vendors supply buyers on their websites and what buyers need to move forward with vendors.
The 27-page report features seven key research findings, over twenty key takeaways, 18 data charts, and feedback from over 260 B2B industry professionals.
Related Posts and Information
- Vendors: Your Content Assets Have to Help B2B Buyers Through their Buying Journey
- Survey Says: Your Blogging and Social Media Efforts Are “Not a Factor” in B2B Vendor Selection
- The 2014 B2B Web Usability Report
Help us get the word out!
Please share the report with your networks by using the following link – Click To Tweet
“Working with KoMarketing was more like a partnership as supposed to just another consulting project. We learned a lot from KoMarketing, while excelling in all aspects of SEO for our website. If your looking for a hard working, dedicated team, KoMarketing is a partnership you won’t regret.”